Wednesday, November 01, 2006

The world's busiest airport


Atlanta Hartsfield Jackson calls itself the world's busiest airport. Being the main hub for Delta Airlines and for UPS causes Atlanta to have the largest number of arrivals and departures annually. The title is contested by a good number of other airports. Wikipedia keeps a list.

Yesterday I traveled to California. It's never great to travel on a Monday morning, but yesterday Atlanta really felt like the world's busiest airport. The security line started outside the main terminal, and even Starbucks ran out of coffee.

My favorite spot in the airport is the tunnel connecting the T-Gates with Concourse A. There is a permanent Zimbabwean sculpture exhibition: Zimbabwe - a tradition in stone. Mbira music plays softly in the background. I usually walk through the exhibition. It calms me down and it helps me cope with the world's busiest airport.

No comments: